What exactly is a brand? If I were to ask five different people for the definition I am guaranteed to get five different answers, such as:
- Your logo
- Your overall “look”
- Your public face.
There are a couple definitions I like:
- What do people say about me and my business when I am not around?
- What is the promise I make to the market?
The second definition is my favorite because anything we put together in terms of our marketing, materials and collateral conveys a promise.
What is your promise to the marketplace? Your brand sets up expectations of the marketplace. If you don’t meet those expectations, the consequences are dire. All the fancy logos, artwork and marketing will not bring back business you fail to fulfill the promise you make to the marketplace.
Enjoy this short video,. I’m going to follow-up with two more where we actually go through the steps of creating a luxury brand. Think about your promise to the market?
Send me just a quick e-mail stating your promise to your market, – what is it? I’m going to choose the best one and award a free Kindle version of Selling Luxury Homes to the winner.
Enjoy this week’s video.
Action items this week:
- Go to www.LuxuryBusinessPlan.com and download the free business plan, and get Started with your Plan
- Check out www.JackCottonRealtor.com and let me know how you like my videos.
- Go to www.LuxuryRealEstateUnplugged.com and register for the next webinar.
- Leave your question at the bottom of the page
Lastly: Think about your own luxury listings and decide which one could benefit from exposure through my newsletter. Send me pictures and a brief description with your contact information and I’ll include the best one with mine in my weekly e-video news blast. Wouldn’t that be great if we had a referral in our group every single week as a result of this video series?
In the meantime don’t forget to pass this video to a Realtor friend.